The Character finder is a powerful tool. It can be opened by clicking a button at the bottom right of the screen, or by pressing the period key (.). Be aware that using this tool will reduce the game's challenge, immersion, and possibly fun.
Free text search
By typing into the box at the top, you can narrow the search by:
- Given names
- Dynasty names
- Names of claimed titles
- Names of artifacts
|Gender||Men, Women, Both|
|In prison||Yes, No, Any|
|Married||Yes, No, Any||Betrothed characters are considered married|
|Ruler||Yes, No, Any|
|Diplo Range||Yes, No, Any|
|Join Court||Yes, No, Any|
|Religion||Mine, My group, Not mine, Not my group, Any, Has secret religion||Right-click another character and select "Explore Character Opinions" to make "My Religion" refer to their religion, etc|
|Culture||Mine, My group, Not mine, Not my group, Any|
|Adult||Yes, No, Any|
|Great House||Yes, No, Mine, Any||Dynasty holds or held at least a count-level title (?)|
- Sorting by "dynasty" only sorts by dynasty name.
- Sorting by "age" only sorts by integer floor of age.
- It is often necessary to refresh the list by clicking the left-hand buttons, or the sort order by switching to another sort and back.
- If you filter after scrolling down, you may see no matches at all until you scroll up.
- To search for lowborn characters, type "no_dynasty".
- To clear the text field, use ^Ctrl+←Backspace (even on Mac)
Mods can add traits in order to improve the character finder. The following mods add purely informational traits: