Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Eligibility: conditions based on phase, flank commander traits, and/or flank composition specify whether a given tactic is eligible (based on entire army size).
- Weight: each eligible tactic gets a base weight which makes it more or less likely to be selected.
- Modifiers: base weight is modified (multiplied and stackable) based on flank commander and/or flank composition and proportion of a unit among the same kind of units:
- Skirmish units = Archers + Light cavalry + Horse archers + Camel Cavalry
- Melee units = Heavy infantry + Pikemen + Heavy cavalry
- Tactics involving Light Infantry or War Elephant compare the number to the entire army size.
- For eligibility horse archers and camel are added to light cavalry statistics. Elephants are added to heavy cavalry. So you can have heavy cavalry charge fire with only elephants.
- Selection: a tactic is selected randomly among the weighted eligible tactics.
- Effect: selected tactic runs for a fixed tactic-specific number of days (even if combat phase changes) and brings a damage modifier to units.
- Affinity: Tactics have an asymmetrical offensive/defensive tactic affinity which gives a bonus when matched. Note: the attacker's tactical affinity bonus applies to the tactic used on the previous day by the defender.
Cultural Specific Tactics
|Retreat and Ambush Tactic||6||Defensive||
||Stand Fast +100%|
|Schiltron Formation||18||Stand Fast||
|Pike Column Advance||18||Advance||
||Stand Fast +300%|
|Massive Longbow Volley Tactic||18||Volley||
||Charge +100%||Harass +100%|
|Couched Lance Charge||18||Charge||3||
|Mountain Ambush Tactic||18||Stand Fast||
|Desert Ambush||18||Stand Fast||
|Embolon Charge Formation||18||Charge||
- Combat mechanics thread
- ahhheygao's Google Docs spreadsheet
- the game file "00_combat_tactics.txt" at the path "Crusader Kings II/common/combat_tactics/00_combat_tactics.txt" (where the tactics are defined for the Crusader Kings II game engine)
- the game file "text1.csv" at the path "Crusader Kings II/localisation/text1.csv" (where some of the names of the tactics are defined for the Crusader Kings II game engine)
- the game file "v2_50b.csv" at the path "Crusader Kings II/localisation/v2_50b.csv" (where some of the names of the tactics are defined for the Crusader Kings II game engine)
- the game file "text3.csv" at the path "Crusader Kings II/localisation/text3.csv" (where some of the names of the tactics are defined for the Crusader Kings II game engine)
- the game file "v1_06.csv" at the path "Crusader Kings II/localisation/v1_06.csv" (where some of the names of the tactics are defined for the Crusader Kings II game engine)