Crusader Kings III
Release date / Patch
Store: Base game
Crusader Kings III is a grand strategy game-RPG hybrid , developed by Paradox Development Studio and to be published by Paradox Interactive in 2020. It is the sequel to Crusader Kings II which was released in 2012 and received content expansions until 2018.
- Choose a royal or noble house from a number of realms on a map that stretches from Iceland to India, from the Arctic Circle to Central Africa.
- Guide a dynasty through the centuries, ensuring the security and power of each new generation. Gather new lands and titles to cement your legacy.
- Be a pious king to bring the religious powers to your side, or strike out on your own, designing your own splinter religion and earning everlasting fame or eternal damnation.
- Knights, peasant revolts, pilgrimages, Viking raiders...experience the drama and pageantry of the Middle Ages.
- Adopt one of five different lifestyles, perfecting your skills in military strategy or kingdom management.
- Acquire character traits that will guide your actions, but beware if you act against your nature! The stress from denying your truest self could bring a new host of troubles!
- Choose appropriate guardians for your heirs, or train them yourself. But what do you do if the legal heir is not quite up to the job?
- Violent characters may develop a fearsome reputation, cowering your timid subjects into obedience with the dread you inspire.
- Recruit man-at-arms units and powerful knights to supplement your royal levies.
- Research new technologies to increase the wealth and military might of your realm.
- Hire mercenaries and Holy Orders for your major wars.
- Supplement your income with ransomed prisoners or raiding parties on neighboring realms.
- Use your spymaster to discover plots against your dynasty and your rule.
- Recruit agents to assist your schemes to undermine or murder anyone who stands between you and power.
- Seduce other characters for love or political power.
- Gather information for blackmailing purposes or call in favors whenever your plans need an extra bit of influence.
All developer diaries about Crusader Kings III (the base game).
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|27||Cultures & Cultural Innovations||.....||2020-05-19|
|25||Map Features and Map Modes||.....||2020-05-05|
|24||Fervor, Religious Hostility, and Doctrine Showcase||.....||2020-04-28|
|22||A Medieval Tapestry||.....||2020-04-14|
|21||Custom Faiths and Pagan Reformation||.....||2020-04-07|
|20||Religion and Faith||.....||2020-03-31|
|19||Factions and Civil Wars||Covers factions, faction management and civil wars.||2020-03-24|
|18||Men-at-Arms, Mercenaries and CBs||Covers casus belli, cost of war declaration, men-at-arms and mercenaries.||2020-03-17|
|17||Governments, Vassal Management, Laws, and Raiding||Covers government types, feudal contracts, inheritance and raiding.||2020-03-10|
|16||Tutorials and Tooltips and Encyclopedias, Oh My!||Covers the tutorial system and in game encyclopedia.||2020-03-03|
|15||The Martial Lifestyle||Covers the three martial focus traits and trees (strategy, authority and chivalry).||2020-02-25|
|14||The Diplomacy Lifestyle||Covers the three diplomacy focus traits and trees (foreign affairs, majesty and family).||2020-02-18|
|13||The Learning Lifestyle||Covers the three learning focus traits and trees (medicine, scholarship and theology).||2020-02-11|
|12||The Stewardship Lifestyle||Covers the three stewardship focus traits and trees (wealth, domain and duty).||2020-02-04|
|11||Seduction, Torture and the Intrigue Perk Trees||Covers the three intrigue focus traits and trees (skulduggery, temptation and intimidation).||2020-01-28|
|10||Lifestyle Events||Covers lifestyle events.||2020-01-21|
|9||Lifestyles||Covers the new lifestyle system and skill trees.||2020-01-14|
|8||Courts, Guests, and Wanderers||Covers the courtier system and wanderers.||2019-12-17|
|7||Characters & Portraits||Covers the trait system and portraits.||2019-12-10|
|6||Council, Vassals, & Spouse Councillor||Covers the councilor system and vassals.||2019-12-03|
|5||Schemes, Secrets and Hooks||Covers the intrigue system.||2019-11-26|
|4||Development & Buildings||Covers baronies and buildings.||2019-11-19|
|3||War||Covers changes in war mechanics.||2019-11-12|
|2||The Medieval Map||Covers map changes from CK2 to CK3.||2019-11-06|
|1||Dynasties & Houses||Covers the new dynasty system, houses, renown and legacies.||2019-10-31|
|0||The Vision||The vision for Crusader Kings 3||2019-10-24|
|0||An Heir Is Born!||The announcement diary for Crusader Kings 3||2019-10-19|