Friendship is a symmetric relationship between two characters. It has a significant opinion boost and several other effects.
There are many random events that add friends, but the ones most under player control are:
- With Way of Life and focuses:
- Carousing focus: high chance to befriend one guest at each party
- Business focus: can establish a friendship with your trading partner (an infidel ruler) if opinion is high at the end of the event chain
- Family focus: can establish a friendship with a sibling, between two minor children, or between two dynastic close relatives (once mutual opinion reaches 50+)
- With Horse Lords:
- Hire HL dynamic mercenaries. Many of them are cheap to hire, and some are future khans or khagans!
Effects of friendship
- You may have an opportunity to convert to a friend's religion, or ask them to convert to yours.
- Friends can randomly offer to join each other's wars, even if not allied
- Friends on your council are more likely to be Loyalist in their voting
You occasionally get a chance to ask a friend to improve a skill, if:
- Neither of you is at war or leading troops
- Your skill level is between 5 and 9 (inclusive)
- Friend's skill level is 11+
- Friend is not a prisoner
There is a five-year cooldown for each attribute.
|Attribute||Additional requirements||Rejection effect|