Jump to navigation Jump to search
Independence is the cessation of a vassal-liege relationship. It may refer to:
- Grant independence action by the liege.
- A faction demanding independence and the resulting war
- A non-faction war for independence
A vassal can achieve independence without taking hostile actions against the liege by:
- Inheriting an independent title which is higher ranked than his current primary title (even if the new rank is lower than that of the liege) OR
- Obtaining a title which is of the same rank (or higher) as the liege's primary title via conquest. An example is in the "Stamford Bridge" bookmark: should William successfully conquer England, he'll be independent of France.