From Crusader Kings II Wiki
- The Imperial Majesty Request: A new “China Screen” lays out the status and desires of the Emperor of China, letting you keep tabs on what he wants and how to earn his grace
- Kow-tow For Now: Submit to the Empire as a tributary, always keeping an eye on the waning power of the Emperor, so you can time your escape to freedom
- Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere: Disgruntled princes or curious adventurers may leave China to seek their own fortune to the west.
- Booty and the East: Collect wondrous new Chinese artifacts for your characters, and explore a new Silk Road system that adjusts returns based on China’s stability.
- Rally Points: Instruct your levies to automatically gather up exactly where you want them.
- Dictionary of Chinese Characters: New Chinese and Tibetan portraits and Chinese units bring the empire to life
- Eight New Casus Bellis: You can never have enough
- The map now features an interactive Tibetan region.
- Improved map of the Middle East
- Free Captives CB
- Silk Road Overhaul
- New religions:
- New game rules: Chinese Invasions, Chinese Interactions (range), Border Dispute Wars, Jade Dragon CB's (on/off), Siege Assaults, Siege Events, Multiplayer Assassinations, Multiplayer Invasions, Multiplayer 3rd Party Claims and Childhood Focus Alerts.
Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about Jade Dragon expansion and patch 2.8.
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||A Reason for War||New CB's being added||2017-05-08|
|2||The Roof of the World||Expanding the eastern edge of the map with new provinces, cultures, religions and title history for the entire region.||2017-05-15|
|3||Rhythm is a Lancer||Siege Assault game rule, and an "unjustified war"||2017-05-22|
|4||Time to pay Tribute||Changes to the Tributary system||2017-05-29|
|5||Religious Tweaks||Minor, but flavorful, changes and fixes to Manichean, Khurmazta, Nestorian and India's Holy Orders||2017-06-12|
|6||Nurture vs Nuisance||A new "honorary title" called Teacher (for those pesky kids) and plans for an open beta over the summer vacation||2017-06-19|
|7||Meet the Team||Magne "Meneth" Skjæran goes over the current team line-up and expands on their roles||2017-07-03|
|8||A Bug's Life||Magne "Meneth" Skjæran talks about the process of bug fixing, from discovery to release||2017-07-10|
|9||Modding and a bit of optimization||Magne Skjæran highlights some of the modding and optimization improvements to arrive in 2.8||2017-07-17|
|10||Publishing CK2||Gustav "Gruffa" Groth, CK2's product manager, on publisher's role in development of new game content.||2017-07-24|
|11||Rally up||Incoming rally points in patch 2.8||2017-07-31|
|12||The Dragon Throne||China is added as a political entity in patch 2.8||2017-08-07|
|13||News from China||The various statuses of China and how its policies can affect its more western neighbors||2017-08-14|
|14||In the Emperor's Good Graces||China's diplomatic range and ways to stay within the emperor's grace||2017-08-21|
|15||The Dragon's Claw||China and their various interests on our side of the map||2017-08-28|
|16||Along the Silk Road||Improvement and overhaul of the Silk Road incoming to owners of Jade Dragon / Horse Lords||2017-09-04|
|17||Quality of Life||Quality of Life improvements in free update||2017-09-11|
|18||Revisiting the Middle East||Emil "Servancour" Tisander revisits the Middle East and brings it a much needed overhaul in the 2.8 patch||2017-09-18|
|19||Taming the Dragon||The different paths of forcing your will on China and even placing a pretender on the dragon throne||2017-09-25|
|20||Another Journey to Tibet||Improving the improvement to Tibet even further than it already was||2017-10-02|
|21||The Art of the East||The new art and music in the Jade Dragon expansion||2017-10-09|
|22||Pricing Jade Dragon||Gustav "Gruffa" Groth, CK2's product manager, on the intricacies of pricing.||2017-10-10|
|23||AI and Optimization||Some needed optimization to mechanics and AI to accommodate the new additions made in Jade Dragon||2017-10-16|
|24||Reflections of a Dynasty||Milla "IsakMiller" Isaksson, CK2's content designer, decides to compose a book in Jade Dragon.||2017-10-23|
|25||Modding patch notes||To modders with love: A sneak preview at the complete modding changelog for patch 2.8||2017-10-30|
|26||Patch Notes & Achievements||The full 2.8 changelog and the 10 additional new achievements accompanying it||2017-11-06|
|27||Post Release||The elves are busy working on a post-release patch with some goodies baked in.||2017-11-20|
|28||Patch 2.8.1||Patch 2.8.1 changelog and a bit of new artwork preview.||2017-12-04|
|29||Post about a future update||Possible ways of notifying the players about additional content.||2018-03-28|
|30||The Spring Cleaning Patch||Changelog for the upcoming patch 2.8.2||2018-05-07|
- Forum: Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon Announced, 2017-08-24
- Forum: Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon to be released November 16th, 2017-10-24