Vassals can use favors to request that the council votes on realm peace. Vassals can also use favors to block use of realm peace for a few years.
- Conclave DLC
- The council must be empowered to vote on laws
- The council must be content (no recent succession or tyrannical bypassing of the council)
- The council must vote to approve enforcement (the ruler cannot bypass the council for tyranny on realm peace votes)
- Realm Peace was not started within the last 10 years (5 years of enforced peace followed by 5 years of cooldown)
After a four-month waiting period, all wars between vassals end with white peace (NOT inconclusively!).
For five years, direct vassals cannot declare new wars on each other. Furthermore, vassals of vassals cannot issue faction ultimatums, as these would also result in internal wars.
Carries a severe opinion penalty for vassals who were waging internal wars[attackers only? only if winning?]. This is shown as "-40 Tyrant", but only applies to a few vassals, rather than all realm characters like actual tyranny.
If you can't or don't want to enforce Realm Peace for the entire realm, you can use other methods to intervene in specific wars between vassals.
- Pass laws prohibiting wars between vassals, with Imperial Administration
- Demand Peace interaction, with The Reaper's Due
- Revoke titles from one participant to weaken or even unland them
- Grant titles to one participant to strengthen them
- Force one of them to rebel against you, perhaps by excommunicating and arresting them
- Invalidate their CB by e.g. assassinating the claimant in a Claim war