Release date / Patch
Store: Immersion Pack
Sunset Invasion adds the Aztec Invasion, which will occur no earlier than the 13th century. In the game rules, it can also be set to occur at a random date at least 50 years after the game is started.
- A new invading threat arrives at a random point in the mid to late game, conquering from the West
- Unique new portraits, on-map shields and units for the great Mesoamerican Menace
- Cower in fear at the Aztec gods: New Aztec culture and religion
- Human Sacrifice! When a province is lost, no-one is safe from the threat of losing their hearts on the obsidian altars
- Survive the terrible disease brought by the pagan oppressors: A new plague from across the Ocean
- Its development was mostly outsourced or done on the staff's spare time.
- Aztec invasion idea came from a symmetry of the Mongol horde invasion, to offset the imbalance of Western edge of the map being very safe compared to the Eastern edge.
- If you have both The Old Gods and Sunset Invasion enabled, and north_germanic culture, an event around year 1010 describes how the "skrælings" of Vinland captured several Viking longships.
- The invasion is called "Sunset Invasion" because it comes from the west, where the sun sets. You DON'T say...
Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about Sunset Invasion expansion and patch 1.08.
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Invasion from the West||Covers the Sunset Invasion DLC features.||2012-11-07|