Sword of Islam
Release date / Patch
Store: Music pack
The expansion makes non-nomadic Muslims playable and adds a new interface skin when playing as one. AI Muslims use the mechanics even without it.
Muslims now have their own features instead of functioning identically to Christians. Unique features for Muslims include:
- Dynastic Decadence is increased by dynasty members with the Decadent trait. Decadence inflicts penalties to income and troops, and eventually results in a massive uprising.
- With Iqta government, Muslims are locked to Agnatic Open succession, in which a Muslim's most powerful son will be his heir. In addition, Muslims are unable to change succession and gender laws, with other laws costing Piety to change.
- Muslims practice polygamy and may have up to four wives. A Muslim is expected to have a number of wives dependent on his rank. This results in Muslims having many children.
- Muslim CBs give them a very aggressive playstyle.
- 100+ new Muslim specific events, such as problems in the Harem, Shia vs Sunni tensions and making the Hajj
- A map extension into Mali with some new counties and titles
Main article: Developer diaries
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||GUI Changes||Covers the major mechanics of Sword of Islam, as well as the 1.06 patch.||2012-06-01|
|2||Polygamy, Succession and Decadence||Covers decadence, open succession law, and polygamy. Also changes to claims, plots, and event windows.||2012-06-08|
|3||Muslim Mechanics and Patch content||Covers Muslim mechanics and 1.06 changes.||2012-06-15|
|4||Midsummer's Eve||A short Sword of Islam AAR by one of the Paradox devs (Doomdark himself).||2012-06-22|