Some of the bloodlines, although in the game files, have no means of being created. An example being "legendary_battle_survivor" male or female in "bloodlines/03_legendary_warrior_lodge_bloodlines.txt". A simple search through /events/*.txt shows it never happens, I have not checked them all, but none of the warrior lodge bloodlines seem to happen.
Religious ones like seaking and seaqueen do appear however in events/HF_religious_events, so I am leaning towards this being cut content.
If anyone is feeling reallllyyy bored they could do something like. First delete most of the data inside common/bloodlines and try to start the game. Read the ?error logs? and see what bloodlines give "Could not find bloodline" errors. The ones that spit out errors are in the game somewhere, the ones that dont, are not. but that would take 2+ hours of cross referencing.
- warrior lodge bloodines are all inside common\scripted_effects\06_scripted_effects_legendary_bloodlines.txt --Tcjeengh-Jaong (talk) 08:56, 4 December 2018 (CET)
- Your correct, it looks like. The player reach Rank 4 in a lodge "Hero". It becomes legendary, its an option somewhere when you become rank 4. The player initiate a legendary journey from a province (HF.12000). When the journey ends, 06_scripted_effects_legendary_bloodlines.txt/found_a_bloodline_effect gets called. Than event HF.12300, finally found_a_legendary_bloodline_effect kicks in and you get a random, valid, lodge bloodline,
- Agreed, it should go to a bloodline events page similar to the ones under Category:Events -Romulien (talk) 12:42, 18 November 2018 (CET)
Naming Issues with Foundable Bloodlines
PDX in its localization allows for some bloodlines to have multiple different names in game. This is a bit frustrating, as it's unclear how we can or should name the individual bloodlines in the Wiki (especially if we're listing them for sorting / easy perusal). Thoughts?
The abilities remain static, as does the game code for the bloodline ("pure_murder_bloodline_01," "pure_peace_bloodline_03," etc.), so they are the same thing. The more exotic ones don't've such variation for the most part.
With the latest DLC, there is a change in cm_various_events.txt that appears to give Ragnarr Lodbrok his bloodline when he gets his nickname, timed to occur between years 780 and 795. Perhaps there should be a note about that on the 818 historic bloodline?
- I have added some description about all historical bloodlines that might be founded after the game started that I have found above the list.--Tcjeengh-Jaong (talk) 11:01, 29 November 2018 (CET)
Unrelated to that, while Lodbrok cannot get the viking raider activity bloodline (sack 200 holds), his dad can, which will retroactively add it to Lodbroks bloodline. If you want to stack like crazy. --18.104.22.168 06:47, 30 March 2020 (UTC)
About Bloodline Inheritance
Many bloodlines that have only a gender inheritance version in bloodline files actually have its inheritance overridden when created by a character of different gender, please don't simply edit the inheritance according to bloodline files --Tcjeengh-Jaong (talk) 15:29, 4 December 2018 (CET)
Would it make sense to split up the historical bloodlines by bookmark date (i.e. those available at that date)? This'd make each of the individual tables a bit smaller and more manageable than the very long individual historical bloodlines table. Cuttlefishman (talk) 10:58, 6 December 2018 (CET)
As a similar query, do we think placing the True Matilde bloodline entirely in the action / activity section as most appropiate, given that it is linked to a specific historical character? Cuttlefishman (talk) 10:58, 6 December 2018 (CET)
- True Matilde bloodline doesn't has the historical_bloodline flag and has a created_bloodline flag which may block some bloodline's creation (e.g. the forge bloodline ambition), thus I moved it to action / activity section. --Tcjeengh-Jaong (talk) 10:04, 7 December 2018 (CET)
Gaining a bloodline article
How bloodline was inherit should be written first. Later,explain how to get multiple bloodline in one person using that mechanics.
The fact patrilineal bloodline inherited from mother is the former. However,this article explain it in "Transfer section" which explain strategy. So I separate it in addvanced inheritance article.
Moreover,how inheritance was done should be written more. For example, What condition is needed that bastard inherit patrilineal bloodline from mother.
And patrilineal bloodline and matrilineal bloodline is not simmple mirror.
Saintly / Ancestor Veneration Bloodlines - Sourcing?
Not doubting you, but where did you find the specifics of ancestor veneration bloodlines in the game files?
Asking as when I had read over the sainthood files, I more or less read them to include the potential for (most of them) to be earned as ancestor veneration, but saw no mention of the ancestor veneration bloodlines which are introduced in game files, but have no events in game files to support their actual introduction.
Hopefully I was misreading them, but wanted to just check - if you're just introducing them because they're listed in 01_saintly_bloodlines.txt, but they aren't linked to the in game events to spawn, that'd be erroneous. Cuttlefishman (talk) 09:23, 20 December 2018 (CET)