Terra Normannorum is a mod with a meandering focus based on its creator's whims. It does aim to add major amounts of content, reshaping the game with a hopefully more historic feel. The optional segments, however, contain Alternative History, as this content is also an improved-upon port of the Vinland DW mod for Europa Universalis III.
Its features include:
- Extended start date to the year 1000, with all that entails.
- New Bookmarks:
- 1000.9.10 - Battle of Svolder
- 1001.2.1 - The Fifty Years' War
- 1003.3.15 - Nadir of Our Fortunes
- 1009.5.1 - The White Raven (Vinland-exclusive)
- 1030.7.29 - Stiklestad Aftermath
- 1034.5.11 - Years of Turmoil
- New Bookmarks:
- More widespread Pagans!
- The highest tier rulers of the Russian Principalities, Poland and Hungary are Christian at this point, but all their vassals aren't.
- The King of Sweden is 8 years away from his conversion to Christianity!
- New Religions!
- Ásatrú heresies (Forn siðr and Nýi siðr. The latter becoming more like Christendom, the former returning to older ways).
- Pogányság (Hungarian paganism), Slavianstvo (Slavic paganism) and Judaism (Khazars).
- Midewiwin and native beliefs in the Vinland expansion.
- New Cultures!
- Historical Norsemen rather than the modern day ones in vanilla.
- Anglo-Norse in the Danelaw.
- Crimean Goths.
- Partially redesigned map with several new provinces.
- Optional western expansion including a detailed Vinland to experience the conflicts between Norsemen and Skraelings as they first set foot in the New World!
- Removal of Empires besides the HRE, Byzantium, Persia and Arabia.
- Overly obscure Easter Eggs!