User talk:Keizer Harm
Hi Keizer Harm, you've uploaded a lot of event pictures. It would be nice if you could add them to a category (perhaps 'Event pictures'). Why didn't you uplaod the images in the format they have in the game files (450×150)? For what you want to use them? – Lillebror (talk) 17:45, 5 April 2019 (CEST)
- Category is a good idea, I'll do that when I'm done (halfway there now). Sadly I am not allowed to upload them at the original resolution, or without a watermark. Else people might steal the pictures. I plan to make a wiki page listing them all, including their keys and appropriate tags, to make it a lot easier for modders to select proper pictures for their events. --Keizer Harm (talk) 20:23, 5 April 2019 (CEST)
- Hmm... I made the category, but it looks like I am not allowed to add pictures to it? --Keizer Harm (talk) 20:38, 5 April 2019 (CEST)
- I'm going to check the copyright issue just to be sure. It seems a tad weird -- otherwise, we have many images/icons which could be potentially be stolen. ~ SolSys (talk) 22:02, 6 April 2019 (CEST)
- Great work uploading these ! Should be a great resource for modders. I saw your testing space, looks good. I was thinking maybe in addition to GFX key and tags, the frequency of usage in vanilla events could be useful. It helps focus on the most used images when doing a major overhaul/conversion. Also something interesting is the "religion override" of event pictures, i.e for a Zoroastrian character the game will look for GFX_evt_marriage_zoroastrian_group before defaulting to GFX_evt_marriage (at least from what I remember), so somehow File:Marriage.jpg and File:Zoroastrian_marriage_oldgods.jpg should be "linked" (a possibility to sort by GFX key could be enough). -Romulien (talk) 20:56, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the kind words. Frequency of usage is an interesting idea, but I think I will wait until I'm done with the current columns until I add that (since it's something that kinda gets in the way of my present workflow).
- The religious links bit is interesting; and not something I knew about. I will have to ask a dev for how that exactly works. The table will be sortable in any case. --Keizer Harm (talk) 16:04, 25 April 2019 (CEST)