Set in the year 2010 IC, over five centuries before the reign of Karl Franz and the familiar events of recent Warhammer canon such as the End Times.
Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht lets you play as almost every faction in the Warhammer Fantasy world. featuring a massive map that extends from chilly Naggaroth and sweltering Lustria in the west to the impenetrable Mountains of Mourn in the east; From the deadly Chaos Wastes of the north to the blistering deserts of Araby and Nehekhara to the south.
Will you fight the forces of chaos, or will you succumb to their cloying temptation? The choice is yours...
Due to Steam workshop constraints, the mod is hosted on the PDX forums while development continues.
- The Vampire Wars (2010) - The turn of the millennium was a time of great change and upheaval in what was left of the Empire. It was heralded in an ominous fashion when the city of Mordheim was destroyed by a warpstone meteor at the stroke of midnight. For over six centuries the Empire had been in a state of civil war, with each of claimants to the Imperial throne making war upon any who would deny their right to rule. This infighting would prove to have disastrous consequences, as heresy and corruption of all kinds festered and grew in the absence of any unified strength.
- Realms of Chaos (2010) - The lands of the distant north are not just cold and savage. Beyond the merely mundane threats, the polar Warp Gates connect directly to the Realm of Chaos and lets loose the empyrean horror that strains at reality. The touch of the Warp waxes and wanes with foul vigour, mutating the landscape, empowering the evil, and driving the righteous to madness. The barbaric Kurgan and Hung revel in this twisting energy, seeking the favour of the dark gods of Chaos, while the Norscans reave their way south for plunder and glory. Ostensibly 'civilised' societies are not immune to the touch of Chaos either, as the Dark Gods find ready adherents in all creeds and cultures. One merely has to be desperate or lucky enough to attract their gaze and begin a new life on the path of glory.
- Blood of Ancients (2010) - In Ulthuan, the Phoenix King Bel-Hathor of Saphery decided to send an expedition to the Old World for the first time in centuries. Led by Finubar, Prince of Eataine, the expedition established contact and trade with many of the civilized nations they found there. In cold Naggaroth, Malekith, the Witch King, sent raiders and ambassadors to the four corners of the world, hoping to grow his wealth and influence and sabotage the efforts of the Phoenix King. Meanwhile, High King Alrik of Karaz-a-Karak ponders on the Dwarf grudges yet to be settled, and High Priest Astragoth directs the wicked industry of the Chaos Dwarfs from Zharr-Naggrund, the City of Fire and Desolation, in the name of the Bullfather Hashut...
- Legacy of Nagash (2010) - Greatest among all necromancers, Nagash was the father of the dark arts of Necromancy. Though believed to have long been defeated by the man-god Sigmar, his influence lingers on, in Nehekhara, where the undying Tomb Kings still vie for their ancient domains, often oblivious to their own undeath, caused by Nagash's Spell of Awakening, while those who drank from his "Elixir of Life" still plague the world as Vampires, the children of the night...
- Perilous Beasts (2010) - A Study of Creatures Fair and Foul. "Greetings, dear reader. To compile this tome I travelled thousands of miles, learned dozens of languages, fought to save both my life and my soul, lost my left hand and nearly my tongue! Though age now dims my eyes, I can go to Morr's Realm content that no finer study of the monsters of the Old World has yet been written. I began this tome as a search for truth and while I'm certain there is truth in these pages, even I can't tell you exactly where it lies. I have sought to illuminate the threats that face the Old World but only Lord Sigmar can protect us from the machinations of evil and the enemy within. May he guide and watch over us all." - Professor Odric von Wurtbad, University of Altdorf
- A beautiful map with every important location in the Warhammer Fantasy World.
- Almost every race is represented and playable, each with their unique mechanics.
- Become a wizard and control the winds of magic.
- Become a Vampire and bestow the Dark Kiss of unlife on others.
- Become the Everchosen - Champion of Chaos and lead an invasion of the soft lands of the south.
- Become a cultist of the Ruinous Powers or try to remove them from your realm. Careful though, as you never know who exactly may be a thrall to the Dark Gods...
- And much more...
Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht begins in the year 2010 of the Imperial Calendar, over five centuries before the reign of Karl Franz and the familiar events of recent Warhammer canon such as Warhammer Online, the Storm of Chaos campaign, the End Times, etc.
The Mainland of the Old World
Ever since the disputed crowning of Magritta of Marienburg and the collapse of the Imperial system, the Empire has been in a state of civil war as multiple Electors fought over the Imperial throne. On the eve of Geheimnisnacht in 2010 (the sole bookmarked year for the mod), Vlad von Carstein of Sylvania threw his hat into the ring by summoning an undead host using magic-saturated Warpstones recovered from Mordheim and declared his intentions for the Imperial throne against the divided human claimants of the Empire.
To the far north, the Kislevites clash with the bordering Norscan raiders as well as the roving clans of Chaos Warriors from the Wastelands. Nevertheless, the winds of the harsh northern winters discriminate not between these forces.
To the west of the Imperial powers, Louis the Young has recently ascended the throne of Bretonnia, having succeeded his father Louis the Brave. The Grail Knights preach chivalry and honour, even as darker deeds and prejudices infiltrate their ranks. The peace of their realm is challenged by both Orcish invaders and Norscan raiders, not to mention the Blood Dragons under the command of The Red Duke.
South of Bretonnia, the Estalians and Tileans are divided in multiple republics and petty principalities. They have special building chains and the ability to reform Myrmidia's empire. The Estalians' forces are bolstered by their Light Cavalry and Gunner retinues, while the Tileans' Knights and Artillery provide cover for their main armies. Should any single power from either of these regions control both Tilea and Estalia, they can reform the old Empire of Myrmidia in the name of the Old World Goddess. Also, raiding pirates.
The New World
The elves continue their civil war between the high and the dark, leaving the home island of the high elves depopulated and the dark elves teetering towards collapse should the witch king ever fall. The lizardmen continue their great plan... though there have been sightings of rat-men recently, yes-yes.
Divided tribes of Greenskin roam the Old World; these are largely led by Orcs, each aiming to fight the other Orcs to the very top of the tribal ladder and be da biggest one there is so that they can launch the greatest WAAAAGH! the Old World has ever seen.
Skaven doesn't exist. There is a mysterious under empire hidden at the bottom of the map allowing rat-men to prepare their invasion of the surface world yes yes. Only the dwarfs could hope to cleanse their tunnels.
The Dwarfs (split between those of the underground mountain cities and their Norse relatives up north) are obsessed with money and highly traditional. It is said that they fill every offence and grievance against them in The Great Book of Grudges in Khazalid. The dwarfs have a caste system, allowing them to either become Warriors (giving a bonus to heavy infantry), Quarrelers (a bonus to archers) or Thunderers (a bonus to gunners), as well as special building chains for cities and castles allowing for their levy composition to be either generalized or specialized in Heavy Infantry, Archers, or Gunners.
Their Chaos brethren, on the other hand, are the only Dwarves that can use the dark chaotic forces of magic. Chaos Dwarfs are slavers, and thus can capture characters to either sell into slavery or sacrifice to the Chaos deity Hashut on the summits of the mighty ziggurats erected in his name.
- Gamarasa - Baron of Bad News
- Karl Franz - Emperor of Reikland
- ManuSwaG - Lord of Legacy
- Medjed stan - Town Crier
- Lord Smilee - Grudgebearer
- Salty Byzrus - Black Ark Corsair
- FaolDeTeine - Road Warden
- Otto von Nordheim - Black Guard
- HandicapdHippo - Weaver of Magic
- Humppa - The Architect
- Justyn - Arch Lector
- Red Skald - Lord of Favour
- SEANSOKEN - Artist of Slaanesh
- Skorpin - Warplock Engineer
- StarCrap - The Historian
- Ignis - Stormvermin
- Jihadi John - Stormvermin
- Numeneri - Slumbering One
- Phaze49 - Stormvermin