A.D. 633: Rise of Islam
A.D. 633: Rise of Islam is a mod for Crusader Kings II. It adds another start date to the game (633 AD), extending the timeline by more than 100 years, as well as many other features to go with the new start date.
- New start date of 633, just after the death of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.
- Reformable Hellenic religion, complete with a playable religious head
- Cushitic paganism, the religion of many pre-Islamic East Africans
- New catholic heresy : Arianism
- Syriac and Coptic cultures as part of the Byzantine culture group
- Updated or new de jure titles, complete with new flags
- No de jure kingdoms and empires in some tribal areas; instead, unlimited subjugation of same culture, and easier custom title creation
- Scripted events for the rise and fragmentation of early Islam
- Meticulously researched historical characters
Status of the Mod
The current release of the mod is characterized as a full release (v3.1.1 as of April 2019).
- If you experience a problem with the mod, make sure it has not already been reported. If not, report it on the ModDB page.
- If you are unable to launch the mod or get a black screen, check the settings.txt file in the mod folder first - it has to match the vanilla settings.txt (i.e. the one in your CKII folder).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is this?
- A: A.D. 633: Rise of Islam is a historical mod that adds a new start date and new features.
Q: What are some of the new features?
- A: Several new religions and cultures, decisions, events, etc. Play the mod to discover the full list.
"Q: What DLC does the mod need/use?"
- A: The mod should run fine no matter which DLC is enabled/disabled.
Some of the DLC may add content to the mod, but it has apparently not been researched in depth.
Q: Fabricating claims isn't working/happening too often, what have you done to it?
- A: The chances of fabricating a claim have not been altered from vanilla, so having loads of claims or none at all in a certain period of time can happen.