Conclave is an upcoming expansion for Crusader Kings II. It was announced on 2016-01-07. No release date or price has been announced yet.
The main intention of Conclave is to "increase the challenge mid-to-late game".
Conclave will give your vassals some bite to go along with your bark, as the council that governs your realm will now demand some say in how you rule. Powerful dukes, regardless of competence, will require a seat at the table, and those left on the outside will be more likely to plot against you.
Keep your council happy, and the mighty vassals will resist the pull of faction and civil war. Dismiss their interests, though, and you may find yourself trying to hold together a council at war with itself.
Balance councillor skill and power to keep your dynasty safe and strong. Ignore powerful underlings at your peril, or simply buy their loyalty with favors. Conclave makes the royal council a force unto itself.
- Councils can now vote on changes to realm laws – or you can try to limit their power and influence
- Revised education system for royal children, with new traits and events designed for childhood
- New diplomatic system that prioritizes marital alliances and non-aggression pacts, as well as the possibility of coalitions
- Improved military combat model with a greater emphasis on morale, as well as new rules for mercenary companies
- And many more smaller changes including the usual tweaks to how the AI prioritizes its decisions.
Some patch features have been described in developer diaries prior to the expansion announcement:
- New dynasty map mode.
- New functionality that allows to interact with province owner by right-clicking with special keys pressed.
- Modding improvements, including among others modable era screen, new scopes and triggers.
- New diplomacy system, where royal marriages are simply non-aggression pacts, and alliances become a 2nd intentional step.
- Combat mechanic changes, including shattered retreat like in EU4, less damage during battles, improved AI, and reinforcing armies in friendly territory.
- Redo of succession law screen, that now has multiple tabs.
- New infamy mechanism based on ruler aggressive actions and correlated coalitions.
- Reduction of the "positive opinion inflation" of vassals vs their liege, by cutting many important positive opinion modifiers in half.