Crusader Kings II
Crusader Kings II is a grand strategy game with RPG elements, developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive in 2012. It is the sequel to the original Crusader Kings released in 2004.
The game is a dynasty and feudalism simulator, set during the High and Late Middle Ages in Europe, north and east Africa, and western Asia. It is based on the Clausewitz 2.5 Engine, which it shares in common with Europa Universalis IV.
It was met with generally positive reviews and has attained a metascore of 82 on Metacritic.
- August 19, 2010: Crusader Kings II development is officially announced.
- October 11th, 2011: a closed beta is announced.
- February 4, 2012: a demo is released, featuring four playable characters over a 20 year span
- February 14, 2012: game is released for Microsoft Windows.
- May 24, 2012: game is released for Mac OS X.
- June 26, 2012: Sword of Islam major DLC is released.
- October 16, 2012: Legacy of Rome major DLC is released.
- January 14, 2013: game is released for Linux.
- January 15, 2013: The Republic major DLC is released.
- May 28, 2013: The Old Gods major DLC is released.
- November 18, 2013: Sons of Abraham major DLC is released.
- December 20, 2013: GamersGate version is discontinued, and users receive free Steam keys for their purchased base game and DLCs.