Jump to navigation Jump to search
Holy Fury (HF) is the 13th major expansion for Crusader Kings II. It was announced on 2018-05-19 and released 2018-11-13 alongside patch 3.0.
Expansion features[edit | edit source]
- Shattered and Random Worlds: Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.
- Warrior Lodges: Join a Pagan warrior lodge and raid your way up the ranks, unlocking access to powerful allies and greater military skill.
- Legendary bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others..
- Sway or Antagonize your neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
- Sainthood: Pious Christians can become canonized, passing on their glory to their descendants and making their resting place a site of great value.
- Coronations: Feudal catholic/fraticelli kings and emperors must find clergy to crown them, since all power descends from the heavens.
- New Crusade events: Deeper gameplay for the religious wars of the era.
- New Succession laws: A Pagan Elder Council may have the final word in how a realm is divided among heirs, or a ruler may challenge his brother to combat to unify a realm.
- Playable Hellenism: A ruler can revive the dead ancient Greco-Roman religion when meeting some strict requirements.
- New portraits for the French, Arabic, West Slavic and Italian cultures.
- And much more: Changes to religion, custom names for people or objects, deeper baptismal mechanics, lists of people you’ve killed, and other small changes for flavor and variety.
Free features[edit | edit source]
- Map and setup improvements (including Tartaria, Russia, Scandinavia, the Wendish Empire, the HRE, Italy, Francia, Britannia, Hispania, the Byzantine Empire minus Bulgaria, Wallachia, Mali, Abyssinia, and North Africa).
- New game rule, reducing "border gore" if enabled.
- Reworked Crusade mechanics for Catholics and Fraticelli.
- Reworked character view interface.
- Added flavor events around lifestyle and battles
- Reworked elective succession laws. New princely elective for the Holy Roman Empire and imperial elective for the Byzantine Empire
- New imperial government for the Byzantine and Roman empires
- Rebalancing of the personal combat rating system
- to be added.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Holy Fury patch was initially targeted as "patch 2.9", as visible in some documentation in game files.
- The project lead had to sell a 1 full year development cycle to the product manager, probably the biggest development time for any Paradox expansion so far.
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Holy Fury expansion and patch 3.0.
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Polishing up the Map||Slowly working through some of the more neglected areas of the map and increasing the granularity of the playing field.||2018-01-29|
|2||Beautifying the Baltics||Map and setup changes in the Baltic regions.||2018-02-19|
|3||Finishing Finland||Improvements to the map and setup changes in the Finnish region.||2018-03-12|
|4||Cleaning up the Map||New game rule about the succession of exclaves||2018-04-09|
|5||God Wills It!||A rework of the Crusade mechanics.||2018-05-14|
|6||Renovating Russia||Map changes to the Russian Region.||2018-05-21|
|7||Legacy of Legends||Bloodlines features displayed.||2018-06-01|
|8||Character View Redux||Rework of the Character View Interface||2018-06-08|
|9||Killing Spree||Keeping a list of one's kills||2018-06-15|
|10||A Faith In My Own Image||Dynamic pagan reformation -- tailor the new religion to suit your needs.||2018-06-21|
|11||Mass Conversion, or how I learned to stop my Pagan ways and love God||An easy way to convert, but with varying results.||2018-06-29|
|12||Splendid Scandinavia||Updated maps for the Scandinavian nations||2018-07-06|
|13||Altering the Alps and Idealizing Italy||Reworked map of North & Central Italy, Bavaria, parts of Burgundy||2018-07-13|
|14||Orders of Magnitude||Changes to Holy Orders, part of incoming free patch||2018-07-20|
|15||Venetian Guile||Fixing an existing crusade event chain and adding new ones||2018-07-27|
|16||Conquest and Reconquest||The crusades of the Baltics and the Iberian Peninsula||2018-08-03|
|17||Amending Africa||Map changes in Africa||2018-08-10|
|18||Maybe I *should* diet…||Fat and malnourished traits, reflected by character portrait||2018-08-17|
|19||Pagan Pals - Warrior Lodges||Warrior lodge societies explained||2018-08-24|
|20||Catholicism what? Constantinople where? Charlemagne who?||Shattered World and Random World systems||2018-08-31|
|21||Do you like me yet?||Swaying and Antagonizing||2018-09-07|
|22||Come Fight Me||New duel and battlefield events, and scarring and tattoos||2018-09-14|
|23||Saints and Ancestors||Saints, their potential Pagan counterparts, and how they will work in Holy Fury||2018-09-21|
|24||About that one dead religion...||Hellenism (Zeus Vult!)||2018-09-28|
|25||Long live the King!||Catholic Coronation Ceremonies||2018-10-05|
|26||Forging a Bloodline||Custom Bloodlines||2018-10-12|
|27||Clergy Interactions Revamp||Improved interaction with the Papacy||2018-10-19|
|28||New Succession Laws Extravaganza||Imperial government, new succession types and revamped nominee system||2018-10-26|
|29||Sprinkling Flavor||New flavor events for baptism and pregnant women, and reformed pagan doctrine flavor||2018-11-02|
|30||Achievements & Appearances||Summary of new achievements and character portraits||2018-11-09|
|31||We Released the Fury||Continuing to work on small improvements for the game before the winter vacation.||2018-11-16|
|32||It's not a bug||The team shares their encounters with amusing bugs during the development of Holy Fury||2018-11-23|
|33||Early Patch Notes for 3.0.1||Early peek at the bug-fix patch notes||2018-12-03|
|34||Until Next Year||Closing this year with a teaser picture for the next year||2018-12-14|
References[edit | edit source]