Release date / Patch
Store: Music pack
It made Hindu, Buddhist and Jain non-nomadic rulers playable. Savegames older than the expansion are not compatible with it, although the preceding patch remains available as an option on Steam.
With the introduction of patch 2.8, owners of RoI can also play as non-nomadic rulers who follow Taoism.
The DLC makes the new religions playable and adds graphics for Indian characters. All other features come free with patch 2.1.
- 300+ new counties, including the Indian subcontinent, Afghanistan, Transoxiana and Siberia, with associated new cultures (Kirghiz, Karluk, Khanty, Afghan, Baluch).
- Twist of the map projection to adjust the expansion to the East (West edge is slightly pushed to the East as well so that West-African coastline is no longer visible)
- Rework of East Africa region, including the addition of Nubian culture and Jewish Kingdom of Semien (Beta Israel).
- At least one new county outside East Africa and the other afforementioned locations - Lori in Armenia.
- Tibet, the Tarim basin and the Altai mountains are visible, but do not have any associated provinces.
- Navigable Indian Ocean with sea zones, which is not connected to the Mediterranean.
- Three new Indian religions (with sects rather than heresies) and with a new interface skin:
- Hinduism with a caste system relying on traits, patron deity mechanism, and raiding ability.
- Buddhism with a learning bonus
- Jainism, peaceful and more stable but without access to holy war CB.
- Indian specific events & decisions (autumn feast Diwali, tiger hunt, gurus, ...)
- Indian character faces and clothes
- A war elephant special unit, with associated new tactics for Indian generals.
- Jungle terrain type, with increased attrition and defense bonus.
- Ticking attrition caused by starvation, with each province having a limited degree of food supplies, and armies experiencing it outside of friendly territory, or when not able to loot enemies supplies (note: does not apply for great holy wars)
- Diplomatic actions and councillor job range, preventing diplomatic relations between rulers too far from each other (Norse vs West African, or Irish vs Indians)
- Rework of faction revolts - when revolting, the leader gets a temporary title equal in rank to his liege, with all other faction members becoming his vassals, rather than just allied to him.
- A Special Troops unit slot, replacing horse archers. It handles all unique unit types in the base game, including horse archers, camel warriors and war elephants - but with considerable modding potential (musketeers, dragons, M1 Abrams ...). Multiple special units can be present in an army, although individual holding levies and retinues can only contain one.
- "North Korea mode" nerf, with reduced amount of levies and income from holdings over the demesne limit.
- Nestorian Christianity becomes an independent religious denomination rather than a heresy, and gets its own Holy Orders and holy sites. Socotra is ruled by an independent Nestorian in 867.
- Revamped decadence system, based on a new decadent trait, and possibility to "straighten up" decadent relatives.
- Close relatives asking and being refused a title might start an adventure against you (more frequent for Muslims)
- Seljuk and Timur start as courtiers with special events to encourage their rise to power, rather than appearing as horde leaders. The Mongols function largely as before, although starting further east.
Rajas of India received generally positive reviews from critics. While they praised the new locations and religions, criticism was given towards the lack of any new features outside of the Indian region and the issues with rebel spam in India.
- New "Relations" tabs in the character screen, listing friends, rivals and lovers.
- Quick access to a dead character's killer
- Designate heir button near character portraits.
- Borderless windowed mode
- Dalai Lama and the Tibetan branch of Buddhism weren't included, due to the complexity of the succession system.
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Overview||Motivation for India expansion and map extension.||2014-02-04|
|2||Indian Religion||Dharmic religions and and their mechanics: Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. Caste system.||2014-02-11|
|3||Indian Events and Decisions||Events and decisions specific to Indian cultures: Diwali feast, tiger hunt.||2014-02-18|
|4||Elephants of Mass Destruction||Special Unit system that allows to add custom troop types like: Horse Archers, Camel Warriors and War Elephants. Attrition mechanic and "North Korea Mode" fix.||2014-02-25|
|5||Free Features #1||More counties in the east of the map outside India, changes to East Africa, AI handling of separated ocean regions and other AI improvements, red skull allowing viewing of a dead character's killer, "Relations" tab in character view||2014-03-04|
|6||Free Features #2||Discusses changes to decadence, steam workshop, and the EU4 converter.||2014-03-11|
|7||Patch notes and Ask us anything!||Notes for the 2.1.1 patch accompanied by an AMA on the new expansion.||2014-03-18|