Crusader Kings II Wiki
Release date / Patch
2013-11-18 / 2.0
Store: Music pack
Sons of Abraham (SoA) is the fifth major expansion for Crusader Kings II, released on November 18, 2013, alongside patch 2.0.
It gives further depth to the three Abrahamic faiths; Christianity in particular, but has also added some content for Muslims; Jewish non-nomadic rulers become playable.
- College of Cardinals to elect the Pope
- Pope that you supported can give you money, free invasions/excommunications/divorces
- You can request Crusades!
- Opinion maluses for each request to Pope
- Exclusive to Catholics and Fraticelli
- Two new Catholic orders (Calatrava and Santiago)
- Everybody gets holy order (Immortals confirmed for Zoroastrians)
- Characters from court will join (like Varangians)
- You can borrow from them (like historical Templars were bankers)
- 300+ new ones
- Some are patch, some are DLC
- Patch: events that start Crusades/Jihads/etc
- Flavor events for Abrahamic faiths
- Pilgrimages to holy places for Catholics
- Play as a Jewish lord and restore the kingdom of Israel
- Pick sides in Islam as a rationalist Mutazilite or an opposing Ashari
- Retire troublesome courtiers to a monastery as monk or nun
Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Sons of Abraham expansion and patch 2.0.
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||The College of Cardinals||Covers the introduction of the College of Cardinals.||2013-10-22|
|2||Holy Orders, Heresies and More||Discusses new mechanics for holy orders and heresies, as well as new decisions for Muslim rulers.||2013-10-29|
|3||Jews, Pilgrims and Events||Discusses the new Jewish religion and the pilgrim decision and events.||2013-11-05|
|4||Patch 2.0||Discusses the free changes in the 2.0 patch.||2013-11-12|
|5||One Feature a Week||Mini-feature teasers in the days leading to the Sons of Abraham release.||2013-11-18|
|6||Post Mortem Dev Diary||Discusses the Son of Abraham DLC post-release.||2013-12-11|