Sword of Islam
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 16:20, 18 October 2019 by Tomalmo (talk | contribs) (→Interesting characters to play: add wikilinks)
Release date / Patch
2012-06-26 / 1.06
Store: Music pack
Sword of Islam (SoI) is the first expansion for Crusader Kings II. It was released on June 26, 2012 alongside patch 1.06.
DLC features[edit | edit source]
The expansion makes non-nomadic Muslims playable and adds a new interface skin when playing as one. AI Muslims use the mechanics even without it.
Patch features[edit | edit source]
Muslims now have their own features instead of functioning identically to Christians. Unique features for Muslims include:
- Dynastic Decadence is increased by dynasty members with the Decadent trait. Decadence inflicts penalties to income and troops, and eventually results in a massive uprising.
- With Iqta government, Muslims are locked to Agnatic Open succession, in which a Muslim's most powerful son will be his heir. In addition, Muslims are unable to change succession and gender laws, with other laws costing Piety to change.
- Muslims practice polygamy and may have up to four wives. A Muslim is expected to have a number of wives dependent on his rank. This results in Muslims having many children.
- Muslim CBs give them a very aggressive playstyle.
- 100+ new Muslim specific events, such as problems in the Harem, Shia vs Sunni tensions and making the Hajj
- A map extension into Mali with some new counties and titles
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Sword of Islam expansion and patch 1.06.
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||GUI Changes||Covers the major mechanics of Sword of Islam, as well as the 1.06 patch.||2012-06-01|
|2||Polygamy, Succession and Decadence||Covers decadence, open succession law, and polygamy. Also changes to claims, plots, and event windows.||2012-06-08|
|3||Muslim Mechanics and Patch content||Covers Muslim mechanics and 1.06 changes.||2012-06-15|
|4||Midsummer's Eve||A short Sword of Islam AAR by one of the Paradox devs (Doomdark himself).||2012-06-22|
Interesting characters to play[edit | edit source]
|Al-Mustansir Billah||Al-Mustansir Billah, the eight caliph of the Fatimid Caliphate, ruled for 60 years, making him the longest-reigning Muslim ruler. Despite the length of his rule, he had limited power restricted to only one region. Al-Mustansir Billah succeeded his father when he was only eight months.||High Middle Ages, 1066 AD||Egypt|
|Sultan Orhan Ottoman||Orhan Gazi was the second bey of the Ottoman Sultanate. The name of the dynasty comes from Osman I, Orhan's father, while the realm he inherited was only a small principality during Osman's lifetime, transformed into a world empire in the centuries after his death.||Late Middle Ages, 1337 AD||Ottoman Turks|
|Sultan Suleyman of Rum||Suleyman founded an independent Seljuq Turkish state in Anatolia and ruled as Seljuq Sultan of Rum. His father had struggled against Alp Arslan for the throne of Great Seljuq Empire. Suleyman fled with his three brothers after his father died, but only he alone survived the raids launched by Alp Arslan.||The Alexiad, 1081 AD||Rum|
|Sultan Saladin||Saladin, by order of his lord, was sent to Fatimid Egypt in 1164. In 1169, al-Adid appointed Saladin, a Sunni Muslim, as his vizier in the Isma'ili Shia caliphate. Saladin began to undermine the establishment, and when al-Adid died, he abolished the Fatimid Caliphate.||The Third Crusade, 1187 AD||Egypt|
References[edit | edit source]