Sword of Islam
| This article is a Stub, which means that it does not sufficiently cover its subject matter.
Please help expand this article if you can.
The Sword of Islam is the first major expansion for CKII. With it came the second major content update, 1.06. The update itself contained many of the features closely related to SoI, such as Muslim Decadence and polygamy.
It was released on June 26, 2012. The launch price was $9.99.
Additions of Expansion
The DLC part of the expansion merely unlocks the ability to play as Muslims; all the content was contained in the 1.06 patch.
In the expansion, many new features were added to make Muslims more challenging.
- Decadence - This increases as you have more unlanded males in your family. High decadence leads to big problems for your nation, such as Tribal Invasions and weaker levies. To solve this penalty, the player must imprison, execute or assassinate male relatives; Muslim characters gain no infamy from imprisoning brothers. Once decadence reaches high levels, a tribe of "desert warriors" spawn to take over the decadent dynasty's realm.
- Laws - Laws now cost Piety to change as a Muslim. In addition, you are locked into Agnatic Open succession laws.
- Polygamy - Muslims may have up to four wives. A Muslim is expected to have one extra wife per level of title, starting at the count level, and capped at the king level. Having less than the expected results in a monthly prestige drop while having more than the expected is a prestige gain. This gives off huge amount of sons, which in-turn multiply, causing huge amounts of decadence if not imprisoned or assassinated.
- Agnatic Open succession - a Muslim's most powerful son will take over for him. This comes at a cost of being locked into this succession law, however.
- Muslim Invasion CB. All Muslims can conquer a single province at the cost of piety. In addition, Muslims are capable of declaring war on any Muslims not of their exact branch of Islam (if the target is not in a holy war with infidels.