Talk:Crusader Kings II Wiki
Improvements for icons
Would it be possible to automatically have character characteristics icons show a mouse hover tooltip for which attributes that characteristic modifies? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 06:57, 23 February 2017 (CET)
Adding in year where DLC is released
I was wondering if adding icons (but keeping full sentences) would help the navigation on the home page, or actually add confusion. Could be an in-between the relative austerity of current page, and the icon-only of EUIV which feel somehow a bit short. What do you think ? Romulien (talk) 20:39, 21 January 2014 (CET)
- If you can find an icon for each bit, I'll happily stick that on the frontpage. Stick them as the bullet point rather than after the text though.
- Though to be honest, the CKII frontpage is a bit dated. A design more like the EU4 wiki's would make more sense. So if you've got any ideas for how that might be done, they'd be appreciated. ~ Meneth (talk) 20:42, 21 January 2014 (CET)
- Ok, I'm not really good at design, so here's another shot with the current one ! With bullet point icons (few missing ones could probably be found on the web), clean-up of the recently merged concepts/guides pages, swapping concepts/guides blocks, and addition of some links like characters, religion, diplomatic actions, console commands plus the landed titles (seem like important entry points ?), at which point those wiki categories seemed duplicate except for the DLCs stuff... Romulien (talk) 00:35, 23 January 2014 (CET)
Hi, I've created the missing Crusader Kings II page. Would it be possible to replace Crusader Kings II in header with the link, like on other Paraodox Wikis ? Cheers, Romulien (talk) 22:54, 27 February 2014 (CET)
Rajas of India
Can you add RoI to the major DLC section? --Jedikiller1 23:36, 5 April 2014 (CEST)
Why Sunset Invasion not listed with the other major DLCs ? Yeah, I know some people dislkie it because it's uchronic... but so is Legacy of Rome (Great Schizm never was repaired and Roman Empire never refounded)... and in fact the entire game is totaly uchronic after a few years of play... As Sunset Invasion having his own icon having his place between LoR and The Republic on the game's main menu, adding new portraits, new culture, new religion and new meccanisms (human sacrifice, invasion from the sea event), I think it should be listed with other major DLCs and not with just portraits/musics/units... Isn't it ? Evrach (talk) 14:06, 6 April 2014 (CEST)
- I wouldn't consider it major. It's about the same size as the ruler designer or the customizer. ~ Meneth (talk) 14:07, 6 April 2014 (CEST)
- And the same size asz LoR... Why size would be more relevent than the price for exemple ? SI is the same price than LoR... On Steam, SI is listed as "CKII's third extension". SI is required for some achievements ; Minor "comfort" DLCs like graphical or musical obviously can't be required for this... Yeah, it's not a "big" DLC in KO size, but by its nature, I think it is not objective to put it with DLCs that add no gameplay content rather than others DLCs that add content, and have the same-type icon. Evrach (talk) 14:37, 6 April 2014 (CEST)
- I agree with Meneth mostly because there are no pages about the Aztecs and are only mentioned in the Hordes page and their religion is mentioned in the religion page --Jedikiller1 15:46, 6 April 2014 (CEST)
Is it possible to add other languages within this wiki (and probably all paradox wikis)? I would like to translate some basic pages to my native Russian, don't think I am alone. --Beargomoth (talk) 21:34, 12 April 2014 (CEST)
- That's not possible no, as all changes have to be vetted by me in order to ensure a high level of quality, and I cannot vet edits in a language I cannot read. However, you are free to translate anything from the wiki outside it, as all text on the wiki can be licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0. See Project:Copyrights for more info on that. ~ Meneth (talk) 21:36, 12 April 2014 (CEST)
- I respectfully disagree. You juste have to rely on some reliable administrators speaking other languages. I administrate a big wiki (more 5000 pages than 220) with seven twin wikis in seven languages and it runs very well. It's just a question of motivation. Of course there are differences betweens wikis, but quality everywhere. Evrach (talk) 00:35, 13 April 2014 (CEST)
- I understand your point but I still think the idea is interesting and should be considered more... I posted few images and corrected somes articles here, but I can't contribute in English as much as I could in French. The game is localised in five languages and It would be great for people who play in localised version to have access to such an helpful source of information like this wiki in the language they play. Evrach (talk) 00:47, 13 April 2014 (CEST)
- Surely, quality of the original English wiki won't become worse if there are another languages. They can be almost independent. I hope they will be qualitative enough, though — here's the example in English, so people should take it as a basis. On top of that, there's no any special work because the main task is to translate existing pages, what is much easier than writing from scratch. Anyway, your doubts are valid, and you are owner of this wiki, so I can't insist. --Beargomoth (talk) 05:12, 13 April 2014 (CEST)
- Low quality anywhere on the wiki, even in another language, reflects badly on the wiki as a whole. That's why I vet every change that happens to any of my wikis (I get anywhere from a few dozen to a few hundred automated emails every day). In another language that simply isn't doable.
- A big part of why my wikis are as good as they are is that I personally correct a large number of grammatical issues, bias, unclear language, and so on. I cannot do that in another language. ~ Meneth (talk) 13:13, 13 April 2014 (CEST)
The current icon next to the societies link is a drop of blood, the symbol for close family. I'm not sure why this was chosen, but shouldn't this be changed to the symbol of the society tab in game? Swaggernagger (talk) 08:15, 4 August 2018 (CEST)
- As I don't have the game installed it would be helpful if you could pin-point the icon. Thanks. ~ SolSys (talk) 13:10, 4 August 2018 (CEST)
Link to Manuals
I think that adding links to the official Manuals (with an alert that they might contain outdated information) would be cool, as all of them make a great rundown of the features of each expansion.
Makes sense to add bloodlines under "Character" on the page at the present time as a specific mechanics (right next to Traits?). Could want to see holding off on this though until the Bloodlines wiki page is in a bit better state though.
Hotfix Patch 188.8.131.52
The Decisions page requires lots of updating