Release date / Patch
Store: Immersion pack
It allows the player to more directly influence the type of events that may happen, rather than relying solely on personality traits or random chance. Random lifestyle event chains are replaced with manual focus selection, and new lifestyle traits and event chains are added.
All characters with count tier or higher can have a focus, a "way of life".
By assigning a focus, the player:
- gets an immediate modifier to the corresponding attribute
- unlocks related events, diplomatic actions or decisions (e.g. the Theology focus is required to go on Pilgrimage and become a Pilgrim )
- eventually receives a lifestyle trait, as a result of prolonged focus (e.g. the War focus can eventually grant Duelist or Strategist )
There are ten different focuses:
When WoL is enabled, ambitions to improve attributes (like improve diplomacy) are removed. Instead, the associated events are triggered by having the relevant focus chosen and having less than 8 of the relevant attribute.
- Diplomacy actions are now accessed through right-clicking the character portrait of the person you want to interact with.
- New scripted targeted decisions appear in the same place as diplomacy, and replace vassal decisions (legitimizing bastards, straightening up your decadent relatives, ...)
- Possibility to save event targets (character, province, title) in a temporary custom scope, only expiring with end of the current chain of events.
- Possibility to set several texts for any event, with triggers to select the appropriate one.
- Uniquely, the patch accompanying the expansion went through an open beta, without the DLC content, as it was easy to separate that content from the rest.
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Life Focuses||Character focus, changes in diplomatic interface and new scripting features.||2014-12-10|